2012 marks the 100 year anniversary of the RMS Titanic.
The Titanic was a passenger liner that struck an iceberg in the north Atlantic Ocean on her maiden voyage from Southampton, England, to New York City, United States, and sank on 15th April 1912, resulting in the deaths of 1,517 people in one of the deadliest peaceful maritime disasters in history.
To commemorate the centenary, Key Stage 2 will be working on a Titanic Project and as part of your Talk Homework we would like you to find out any interesting facts about the Titanic and the tale of human tragedy that surrounds her.
We look forward to hearing your findings from your research.
And here are some of the facts that you wanted to find out about!!!!!
The initials are beside the question indicate who wanted to know that fact.
1) How big was the Titanic?(DC)
2) Who designed it? And who built it? (FQ)
3)Who played in the band and what was special about their story? (AMc)
4) Why was it called the Titanic? (JC)
5) What did passengers take on board? Was it different in first and second class? (SB)
6) What does RMS stand for? (DC)
7) Who was the first passenger on board? Was the Captain last off the ship? (MO)
8) How loud was the horn? (BA)
9) What was the captain called and what was his story? (ZI)
10) How far into its journey before it sunk? (HT)
11) How long did it take to sink? (MM)
12) How much fuel did it carry and what type of fuel did it use? JD)
13) What were the reactions of the people when the iceberg hit?
14) Did the first class people getin the lifeboats first? (HT)
15) Why was it known as unsinkable? (EL)
If you are in Mrs Eaton’s or Mrs Bentley’s class it is worthwhile checking out Mrs Turner’s blog for fun facts!!
Mrs Eaton, Mrs Bentley and Mrs Turner.